ASQ Section 706 Event: March 21, 2017 - Pierre Servan - AS9100 Rev D
Marie Callendars Restaurant
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
The AS9100 Aerospace Quality Management System standard was updated in 2016 to incorporate changes from ISO 9001:2015, consider stakeholders' needs, and incorporate clarification requested from users since its last revision. This presentation will focus on the specific changes to AS9100. The discussion will include:
Updated Timeline for AS9100:2016 Implementation
What are the changes - Areas of Focus
Counterfeit Parts Prevention
Additional Changes Align with ISO 9001
By attending this presentation participants will walk away with a basic understanding of the major changes in the standard and how these could affect their respective organizations.
Our speaker, Pierre Servan, has over 15 years in Quality and currently practices consulting and training with Factor Quality, Inc. Throughout his career he has been in various different roles. Along the way he has fulfilled multiple responsibilities that have helped shape his views on Quality:
- Account Manager selling ISO 9000 training services and consulting.
- QMS consultant with over 50 successful implementations of ISO 9001, QS 9000, ISO 17025, and ISO 14001.
- 3rd Party Auditor for ISO 9000 and QS 9000 with over 100 audits in the US, Mexico and Japan.
- Quality Engineer and Green Belt – responsible for maintaining the QMS for a CA site as well as standardizing QMS processes globally (6 sites). Certified the US and UK sites to TS 16949, as well as contributing to the initial deployment of the QMS and product qualification on a start-up site in China.
- Quality Manager- Aided in the development of product qualifications and lab qualifications processes as part of site transfers due to acquisition by a larger company. Led the implementation of the SAP Quality module across 10 sites. Facilitated the implementation of Lean Manufacturing into the QC Lab as a means to improve workflow and reduce turnaround times.
- Business Owner- owner of a consulting firm with the aim of helping companies through their quality journeys. Currently involved in the development of Management Systems, leading quality related projects such as the deployment of a 3rd party QMS software and facilitating Quality related training programs.